Wednesday, September 28, 2011

TV Review: Suburgatory

Around the House
Getting ready for a move, so the house is a complete nightmare.  I have boxes everywhere.  It doesn't help that I am trying to move and edit a book at the same time.  It is not the easiest thing in the world.  I am a bit disappointed that my next two books have been pushed back a little, but I am editing away.  As soon as I am done with this edit, I will be finishing the first draft of the second book on the Prelude of Illuminations and starting editing the third book in that series as well.  Then it is off to starting the second book in the Chronicles of Illumination.  Editor Tim will not leave me alone about getting him my next two books.  He is dying to see where the story goes.  Thankfully it isn't due until March.

My Thoughts
I was sad that Brothers and Sisters was cancelled, but I have to say that I am excited over what I have seen so far.  Tonight was the debut of Suburgatory which I was leery about adding to the DVR.  But now that I have seen it, it is non-stop laugh stop.  The characters of the show are funny, witty, and completely relateable.  The series reminds me of a cross between Desperate Housewives and Joss Whedon's classic humor.  The series shows a New York family the moves into a high end suburb where the people are plastic and every Mean Girls stereotype is true.  This show is definitely the best midweek show for laugh.

Rating 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment