Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Book Review: The Last Apprentice Lure of the Dead by Joseph Delaney

Around the House
I can't help thinking about Hunger Games AHHH!  I also learned recently that the Ronin Warriors have dvd set that is out of stock everywhere cause it is older.  I loved that cartoon series, and now I can not find it anywhere.

My Thoughts
I alway get distressed as a series reaches an end.  I tend to fall in love with characters and Alice and Tom are no exception.  I was surprised after the last one that I fell in love with Grimmalkin as well.  I am surprised as the realist way this work shows the undercurrent of magic that the normal person fails to see while he still manages to address the other "Old Gods" that could have been loved by people in England.  Now we have only two books to go, one from Alice's perspective and the last one from Tom.  I am interested to see how Joseph will tie up all the loose ends of this world.

This portion of the tales focus on the Spook's need to revive his ruined library while the dark are working to restore the head of the Fiend.  This book is the complete set-up for the end of the series,
while most authors that touch this subject to close a series this author as always makes a fun tale that allows you to learn the information while just waiting to get to the next book.  I look forward to seeing how Tom will now deal with the aftermath of dealing with the Vampyre God and stepping into his new role as the Spook of Chippendale.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment