Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Book Review: The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan

Around the House
Not much to say.  I spent th'is weekend plowing through the first two books of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games.  I must say I am completely in love.  I just can not put the books down.  I am sitting here staring at the last book in the series.  It is taking everything not to grab another cup of tea and curl up in bed.  I am hoping that Project Runway will distract me.

My Thoughts
I am wondering where Rick Riordan is going next in his mythogical series.  We have all heard the rumors of a Norse Book down the line and Egyptian Book has reached its close.  I am curious were we are going to end up next.  So when I ran across a Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus cross over book of Short Stories I was excited.  After going through the table of contents of this short fun book I was shocked to see that he allowed his child to actually write a story that fits into his world.  This is always something that worries me since it takes a leap that the reader will loose the voice they love.  Surprisingly enough while the voice is differnent the perspective is perfect for a new voice to speak in the world, and this story was actually the perfect tie in to bring the series together.

I spent a fun afternoon reading this group of stories as we get ready for the release of the Mark of Athena.  While this collect did not have the fun of Demigod Files, it held the dark tones of the other Heroes of Olympus books.  I look forward to the day when I can sit down and spend the afternoon reading both series front to back including the fun short stories and the dark shifts of the new stories.  Finding more of the backstory of Annabeth is perfect as we lead into the next book.  While this is not a show stopping book it is a great teaser for the rest of the Heroes of Olympus series.  While this book is not a must read to follow the series it does enhance the feeling of the Heroes by reminding you of where all the characters came from.

Rating 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment