Friday, September 14, 2012

Deeper Wells

Around the House
Sitting at home watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Thank god for Logo to remind me of an inspiration that I missed.  I have always loved everything that Joss Whedon has created.  He has always been an inspiration to me.  The way he writes a story that is quirky, heart felt, and fun while adding tons of dramatic movements.  I think my favorite part of his series is that you can watch just one episode and have a good time or watch the entire season and get a fuller richer story.  It is a hope that I will one day be able to craft stories in just the same way.  I know have added all of the comic paper backs to my order list.  I just need to start buying them to get all caught up on the world of Buffy.  Can you tell I am being all nostalgic for a more fun time of TV shows before the writers strike.

My Thoughts
I am a fan of Charlaine Harris works.  So I read her blogs often.  She has a fun way of pointing out what is wrong with the world in a safe way that makes the reader feel embraced.  She was talking a lot recently about what was going on with people commenting on her Facebook, Amazon, and just general emails.  She made a very good point that I just can't seem to grasp.  She commented that she does not read reviews on websites and dislikes hearing individuals telling her how they wanted her characters to be.  I know the feeling, only I am sitting here craving responses from people.  I want to know what they think of my work and how it makes them feel.  I get how reading reviews can make you crazy just like waiting for reviews can do the same.  I can only hope I have the ability to reach her level of separation from the comments of the individuals and focus on her work of crafting a story she loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment