Sunday, September 9, 2012

Book Series Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Around the House
Oh hell what do I say about this week.  I have family issues from a divorce, a wedding, an engagement, and trying to juggle life.  It is a bit rough trying to figure everything out at times.  My aunt says I should take a lot of the more interesting family stories and make them my own.  Let the events of my family inspire stories for the world.  She is convinced that I will make something special.  I am not sure if this is something I want to do, but if I was to do it I know how I would start it.

"It started with a lie.  It was a simple innocuous little lie, but that lie is what started a series of events that made everyone think this life is fiction."

What do you think?  Would you like some family inspired stories to follow.  It actually reminds me of the crazy relationships in the Hunger Games.  I don't know if it is something I want to venture into.  Inspire me that you want to read about a family gone wrong because of the lies of one, and I will start putting it all together for you.

My Thoughts
So in just over the last week or so plowing through the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins while dealing with a two corporate visits.  As of this afternoon I finally closed the final pages of Mockingjay with a slight bit of sadness to let go of a fun  and moving series.  The first book of the series and the movie held to each other so that I was constantly riveted by new information of her father and the pin while neither were turned down by falling short of expectations.  By the end of the book I wanted to reach out and hug Peeta and Prim for everything they had experienced in the arena.  By the end of Catching Fire I was screaming with rage and terror by the unexpected horrors that Katniss and Peeta where continued to force to endure.  Finally my excitement over flowed when I ripped open the pages of the Mockingjay.  The series itself was masterful written, but the ending left me with an unsatisfied finished.  The series ended on a slightly anticlimactic note.  I wish the final book had held the fun, intensity, and emotion of the first two book.  Definitely a must read series, with just a hint at disappointment.

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment