Sunday, October 28, 2012

TV Review: Nashville

Around the House
I am nearing the end of my vacation and I didn't accomplish everything I hoped to do during this time off.  I have not gotten any writing done.  I am feeling a little disconnected from it at the moment.  I need to finish this last edit of Pandora's Last Breath and Part 3 of  For the Love of Brimstone.  It doesn't help that I am in the middle of two other books right now.  I am just feeling separated.  I could use a little support from you guys out there.  So let me know what you all think!

My Thoughts
At the Bar last night Lady B. brought up that she started watching Nashville and really loved it.  I have been watching the previews for it on TV (since I am an ABC addict) so I decided today to see if it was on demand.  It is, so I started watching it.  I have to say I was excited by it.  I was worried it was going to be campy like GCB, but instead it is deep, heartfelt, and fun.  The story line is strong and great.  This is a show I can see going for many years.  So my luck is that I am going to completely fall in love with it and it will end up getting cancelled like every other show I love.

I enjoy the dynamic of watching a new up and coming star and a struggling star trying to regain her footing in the world.  Rayne, is a dynamic and fun character that has a sordid history that is coming back to bite her in the ass.  Her husband has a dark secret the threatens to destroy their family.  And her father is a dark individual that is always trying to get his way in the method possible to help but really he hurts.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment