Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Movie Review: The Hunger Games

Around the House
Check out my other posting from today.  I totally forgot to post this with everything going on since Easter.  Is it July yet?  I so need a vacation.

My Thoughts
Katrina Rue my fellow author and friend here in Chicago was obsessed with seeing this movie.  While neither of us jumped on the band wagon when the books took off.  I was reading too many series, and she only reads teen books that I recommend.  We never understood the scope of the story or the love people had for this series of books.  I'll admit, and I hate to do it.  Back when Harry Potter made its splash I was a different person.  I didn't read, I didn't write, and I sure as Hell didn't see teen/kids movies.  That was until Katrina dragged me to see it.  It was the start of everything you are seeing.  I learned to love it all.

I was actually very excited to see this film.  I loved the cast from what I had heard of especially Stanley Tucci.  Well next thing I knew the movie was over, and I was ticking to know more.  No, I have not bought the books yet since I have a pile to read, but they will be read very shortly.  The story was stunning and accessible to adults, children, and teens.  While the themes and story line mirrored an extended version of the "Lottery" it was completely captivating.  I recommend this to everyone.  It is family friendly enough to to scare the little ones, yet gritty enough to keep any guy held to his chair.  And then you toss in the love story and the whole family can enjoy this gripping story.  Who would have know that Suzanne Collins actually was involved in all aspects of the movie, so you know it is true to the story!

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment