Friday, May 18, 2012

Book Review: The Demon's Surrender

Around the House
Okay, so I am half way through reediting my last notes on my manuscript.  I don't have much else to say on that except I think I need a very large drink which I plan on getting tonight.  I will be heading into the city for a weekend of fun with my buddies.  I miss my time out and about.  I am going to drink, flirt, and have fun.  Wanna join me?

My Thoughts
The Demon's Lexicon Series by Sarah Rees Brennan came to an interesting conclusion with her new book The Demon's Surrender.  While this series originally interested me because it was acquired by the Nelson Literary Agency.  While I am not a fan of the series on a whole I found the concept very interesting.  The concept of the series is that power is corruption and to gain power magicians make deals with Demons.  They even allow Demons to possess humans as a method to gain additional power.  This final installment of the series does manage to tie up the loose ends of the book in just a twisted enough way that it allows the author the ability to twist the ending into a new series.  Will I read the new series if their is one?  Not sure, but with each additional book she wrote she has improved in style and story telling.  I look forward to seeing wonderful happy endings for Nick, Mae, Alan, and Sin.
\
Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment