Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Book Review: Black Heart

Around the House
I am so running behind on getting all my updates up. I forgot to publish this last week, so I had to alter the whole blog. I only noticed it after my Body for Life Update. 

My Thoughts
The thrilling and twisted conclusion to Holly Black's The Curseworkers Series: Black Heart.  While this series falls under the category of Urban Fantasy the way Holly Black tells her tales makes you truly believe the world she weaves is real and just waiting for you just outside of the pages of the book.  You sit on the edge of your seat wondering how Cassel is going to get himself out of trouble again, but you are always hoping that it will be a happy ending.  Holly Black has an amazing talent for telling her tales as if you are watching the chocolate covered reality TV while being swept into a fun furry of excitement.

I can only hope that this is not truly the end of the Curseworkers.  I am constantly intrigued about a world where a touch can change your life even if it is illegal.  The power of luck, death, love, and transformation all within the palms of your hands.  This story reminds me of bringing the old world Chicago Gangster into the modern world with a magical twist.  I highly recommend this for everyone.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment