Thursday, May 31, 2012

Book Review: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

Around the House
You know they say in Chicago you can have all the seasons in one day.  Well that is how yesterday and today felt.  It started out blissfully warm and has turned into cold and rainy.  The upside is that their is no snow in the forecast.  And yes it has rained out here in May before.  Last week sucked so I didn't most of my work outs in.  I let life get in the way.  That is not happening this week.  Actually after this I am going to head out for cardio.

My Thoughts
I have been worried about how the tales of Miss Sookie Stackhouse were going to find their way to an end.  The last two books have lost some of the fun and mystery, like Charlaine Harris was just trying to tie things up, so when the second to last Sookie Stackhouse book was published, Deadlocked, I was not excited to read it.  Now I could just kick myself.

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris brought back the joy and the mystery to the Sookie Stackhouse series.  While you can feel the wind down to the final conclusion of this fantastic series you get that old joy of twists and turns that you can and can't expect to happen.  Every reader has been dying to know how the Eric and Queen of Oklahoma situation was going to turn out, what the aftermath of victors death was going to be, and why the hell are their so many fae in Bon Temps.  You will get all those answers and few more to the body count that you didn't expect.  Now where is that next book?  It is supposed to be called Dead Ever After.

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment