Friday, June 1, 2012

Book Review: Grimalkin the Witch Assassin by Joseph Delaney

Around the House
I am listening to Katrina and her rants about "Making Sex" with the Guy who moved to Portland, her next date, and work.  Yea we have really excited lives over here.  I am taking time out of my editing (and before my workout) to update my blog on the next book I have read.  I am getting a bit sad knowing that my favorite series are starting to make their way to an end. Sookie Stackhouse has only one book left. The Last Apprentice (The Wardstone Chronicles) has only three books left which is only about another year.  The Kane Chronicles are over.  At least I still have four more Percy Jackson related books to look forward too!  I am actively looking for suggestions and what to read next.  I like to be ahead of the curve, unfortunately I am not when I start adding the Hunger Games to the shelves this summer.

My Thoughts
I was not expecting this book to fall into the narrative of the main series The Last Apprentice (The Wardstone Chronicles) by Joseph Delaney, but the change of perspective by following Grimalkin was refreshing and fun for the reader.  It actually lent itself to giving the reader a chance to follow what happened behind the scenes.  Additionally, I know that the main character Tom has the last name of Ward, but I have to wonder what the title of the series Wardstone has to do with the ending.  I am wondering if this something to do with the end of the Fiend.

Grimalkin is on of the most interesting characters that Joseph Delaney has introduced into the series.  While I am still surprised I love this series since I have a love for witch mythology and most true witches in his world are evil, I find the character of Grimalkin has enough of the good to counterbalance the darkness in the character.  You can't help but love her, feel for her, and wish her well in her endeavors.  This book while a fast read opens the gates to the end of the series.  It will make you think deeply of Tom's relationship to the dark from his mother, Alice's role in Tom's life, and what will happen after the end of the Fiend - if they are able to fully end him.  You won't be able to put this book down!

Rating: 5 our of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment