Friday, June 1, 2012

Movie Review: Snow White and the Huntsman

Around the House
Well tomorrow is going to be Hell.  I have to attend our first fair of the season, and I do not feel like being up in just a few short hours.  AWK!  It was not the smartest thing in the world for me to go see a movie, but I had to see it.

My Thoughts
I am going to be blunt, and before Katrina pipes up, yes their are moments when I do sugar coat my thoughts.  The movie was horrific.  I expected and dynamic well written master piece to bring the tale of Snow White into a new non-Disney era.  Guess who did a better job with that?  Disney with their amazing show Once Upon a Time.

The Characters where extremely static with glimpses of a true back story to give them motivations.  The magical elements are the story such as the magic mirror has an original take yet where very quickly tossed to the wayside.  And the building of a tragic love story was left out for a sub par battle scene where the most interesting parts where Dwarves playing in the sewer.

I was expecting from the previews to see the Queen as the lead character with some great development and growth to explain her motivations.  It seems from watching this cinematic train wreck that a fantastic script existed but was tossed into the trash.  The part the boggled my mind was that if she could suck the life out of a young girl to stay young why did she have to go out of her way to kill Snow White, because the Mirror said so? 

Rating 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment